sábado, 7 de mayo de 2011

WEEK-5.REFLECTIONS

Dear classmates:

This week has been successful for me and I think for you too, because we have learned a lot of new things.

 First of all I  read an interesting article written by  Susan Gaer. This is  Less teaching and more learning. It´s a wonderful experience related by this teacher that  teaches us how we can teach a new language by means of a project that serves to foreing people learn English in a different way. I think it´s importants because projects come from needs and the teacher uses  the folktales of the asian inmigrants to make a book and students learn the new language by transmiting their culture.

 Other good project was to make a newspaper for the students and it functioned  like a real enterprise until getting the school newspaper.


Then I learned something about Alternative Learning Alternative Assesment. It was very interesting because we are traditional teachers and we have been evaluating in a traditional way. Here we have other alternatives to change.
I created my own rubrics following the instructions that Rubistar recommends. This is  wonderful because we learned how to  use modern assessment by using technology.
Another thing I learned was how to use Webquests.  It´s an inquiry-oriented activity in which some or all of the information that learners interact with from resources on the internet.

Finally I made some comments to my partners.




Regards


2 comentarios:

  1. Dear Luis, I'm very happy to see that you are learning.

    I encourage you to find out more about webquests. They are very easy to make with webquest generators, like phpwebquest ( http://www.phpwebquest.org/ ). With webquests students build their knowledge with a constructivist approach. Take a look also at treasure hunts, that are shorter and easier sort of webquests ( http://www.isabelperez.com/webquest/taller/treasure.htm )

    Best,
    Juan.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Luis,

    I have finally had the chance to visit you and I like the way you summarize everything you have accomplished throughout this enriching week.
    We did learn a lot and, just like you, I have also been fascinated by WebQuests. I am looking forward to having mine finished soon so I can test it and share later.
    Keep up the great work here.

    Warm wishes,

    Gilmar

    ResponderEliminar